NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS BIMBO ADEMOYE BIOGRAPHY
Bimbo Ademoye was born in Lagos, Southwestern Nigeria, on February 4th, 1991. She attended Mayflower School for her secondary education and went on to Covenant University to study Business Administration. She told The Punch newspaper that she was reared by a single father who encouraged her to pursue her dreams.
She began her acting career in 2014, when she was cast in the short film “Where Talent Lies,” according to an interview with The Daily Independent newspaper. The Africa International Picture Festival gave the film high marks. Uduak Isong, she says, was her mentor and helped her break into the field. Her debut feature film, ‘It’s About Your Husband,’ was released in 2015, and it was also produced by Isong. Ademoye was named one of five actress expected to have a great career by the end of the year in a 2018 compilation by Premium Times newspaper.
In April 2018, she starred alongside Stella Damasus in Daniel Ademinokan’s film ‘Gone.’ Working with Damasus was a career-defining experience for her. She was nominated for Revelation of the Year, Best New Actress, and Best Upcoming Actress at the 2018 City People Movie Awards. Several media sites have referred to Ademoye as a celebrity style icon.
Bimbo Ademoye is not yet married, but she is rumored to be dating Ghana billionaire Ga na Kwame Wiafe.
Here are some of the many accolades that Bimbo has been nominated for or won:
• City People Movie Award for Most Featured Actress in Cinema Movies – 2019
• City People Movie Award nominee for Best Upcoming Actress of the Year (English) – 2018
• Best Supporting Actress in a Movie at the Best of Nollywood (BON) Awards – 2018
• Nollywood’s New Bride at the Maya Awards Africa – 2018
• Nominated for Best New Actress of the Year (English) at the City People Movie Award – 2018
• Nominated for Revelation of the Year (English) at the City People Movie Award – 2018
• Nominated for Acting at The Future Awards Africa Nigeria Prize (TFAA) – 2019
• Nominee for Actress of the Year at the Eloy Awards 2018
• Rising Actor of the Scream All Youth Awards–2018
• Best Promising Actor/Actress nominee at the Greenview Awards – 2018
• Nigeria Entertainment Award nominee for Best actress – 2018
Bimbo’s net worth is estimated to be $500,000
Some of the movies she has appeared included;
Getting Over Him
Light in the Dark
The Backup Wife
Diary of a Crazy Nigerian Woman
It’s About Your Husband
Read more articles @livedoings