NIGERIAN MUSICIAN INNOCENT IDIBIA BIOGRAPHY
Innocent Ujah Idibia is a Nigerian musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, philanthropist, humanitarian, and activist who goes by the stage name 2Baba. On September 18th, 1975, he was born. Innocent Ujah Idibia is a Nigerian musician who was born in the city of Jos. He belongs to the Idoma ethnic community of central Nigeria’s Benue State. He attended Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School, Makurdi, Benue State. Tuface enrolled at the Institute of Management & Technology (IMT) in Enugu, where he completed his preliminary National Diploma in Business Administration and Management.
2Baba started writing jingles at the Enugu Broadcasting Services’ GB Fanclub in 1996, while still in IMT (ESBS). He started using the stage moniker “2face” following the performance. While he was still in school, he continued to play at numerous performances and parties put on by people at his school and throughout the state. He eventually dropped out to pursue a musical career.
He traveled from Enugu to Lagos, where he met Blackface and Faze. Plantashun Boiz was the name of the trio’s band, and they released two albums: “Body and Soul” (2000) and “Sold Out” (2003). The band disbanded in 2004, and each member embarked on a solo career. It was the ideal venue for 2Face to showcase his solo artist abilities.”Face 2 Face” (2004) and “Grass 2 Grace” (2006) are two of his albums. Hypertek Entertainment was also founded by 2Baba. His song “African Queen” was featured on the soundtrack of the film “Phat Girlz” in 2006, and it became a worldwide hit. In 2007, the band joined together again and released their third album, “Plan B,” which featured all of the band members. In 2009, 2Baba released “The Unstoppable,” an experimental album that included the song “Enter the Place.” 2Baba became the first Nigerian artist to have an adequately priced worldwide album when he released “The Unstoppable International Edition” in 2010.
2Face has seven children from three women, he married his first wife, Annie Macaulay Idibia, his heartthrob, in 2012 and they later separated. He then had relationship with Sunbo Ajaba and later Pedro Adeniyi. Isabel, Nino, Zion, Justin, Rose, Innocent, and Olivia are the names of his children.
2Baba’s net worth is reported to be at $16 million.
2Face Idibia has won lots of awards in his music career. Here is a list of some of the awards.
• Best Male Vocalist 2002 Affinity Awards
• Best Video A.M.E.N Awards, 2004
• Best Male Vocalist, A.M.E.N Awards, 2004
• Music of the Year, Excellence Recognition Awards, 2004
• Best Album of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, New York, 2004
• Song of the Year for ‘African Queen’ Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York, 2004
• Best African Act, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2005
• Best African Act, Kora Awards, 2005
• Best R&B MTV Africa Music Awards, 2009
• Artist of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2010
• Best Pop Video for “Implication”, Sound City Awards, 2010
• Best International Act: Africa BET Awards of 2011
• Artist of the Year, Hip Hop World Awards- “The Headies”, 2011
• Album of the Year – Ascension- “Ben TV Awards 2014”
2Baba’s albums are as follow;
• Face to Face (2004)
• Grass to Grace (2006)
• The Unstoppable (2008)
• The Unstoppable International Edition (2010)
• Away and Beyond (2012)
• The ascension (2014)
• Warriors (2020)
Read more articles @livedoings