NIGERIAN MUSICIAN DAMINI OGULU BIOGRAPHY
Damini Ogulu popularly known as Burna Boy was born in Nigeria’s Port Harcourt on the 2nd of July, 1991. His father was the owner of a welding business, while his mother worked as a translator. Benson Idonije, his grandfather, was previously Fela Kuti’s manager. Bose Ogulu, his mother, would eventually become his manager. Ogulu grew raised in southern Nigeria and began composing beats with FruityLoops when he was a teenager. He attended Corona Secondary School in Agbara (Ogun State) before he later moved to London to continue his education. From 2008 to 2009, he studied media technology at the University of Sussex, then from 2009 to 2010, he studied media communications and culture at Oxford Brookes University. He then returned to Port Harcourt for a year as an intern at Rhythm 93.7 FM.After returning to Lagos, he began his musical career.
Damini Ogulu began his career at the tender age of ten, when he received a copy of FruityLoops (FL Studio) from a classmate, which he installed on an outdated computer and began making beats with. Burna Boy has been singing since he was a child. While attending Corona Secondary School, he formed a high school band called Def Code and has performed at numerous school anniversaries. Burna Boy engaged in a year internship program at Rhythm 93.7 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, after returning to Nigeria from England. Burna Boy also got a record deal with Aristokrat Records before launching his major musical career. He founded his own record label, “Spaceship Entertainment,” which has produced the majority of his tracks.
Burna Boy began his musical career in 2010, but he wasn’t well-known until he released the hit “Like to Party” in 2012, which brought him into the spotlight. After the succeeded in his debut studio album “L.I.F.E” (Leaving an Impact for Eternity), he began dropping singles and other albums. He has been at the top of his game since the beginning, and has collaborated with Nigerian top musicians such as 2face, Wizkid, Zlatan Ibile, Dbanj, Flavor, Phyno, and many others.
Burna Boy, like many other Nigerian musicians, is a brand ambassador for corporations. Globacom, Nigerian Breweries Plc, and Mortell Cognac all made Burnaboy their brand ambassadors.
Burna Boy has been in a few relationships, but his relationship with Stefflon Don, whom he has been dating since 2019, appears to be the most serious and committed.
• Best New Act of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2013
• South-South Music Awards named Like to Party as Best Pop – 2013
• MTV Africa Music Awards honoured him as theBest New Act – 2014
• L.I.F. E was named Best Album of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2015
• YouTube artist on the rise in 2018
• ‘Ye’ was named Listener’s Choice at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival – 2019
• At the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival Ye was named as the Song of the Year – 2019
• He was named Best Male MVP at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival – 2019
• African Artiste of the Year at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival – 2019
• Best International Act at the BET Awards – 2019
• Apple Music Up Next Artist – 2019.
• Headies Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year for “YE”, Best Collaboration – 2019
• MTV Europe Music Awards Best African Act – 2019
• African Musik Magazine Awards, Best Collaboration – 2021
• Grammy Awards Best Global Music Album (Twice as Tall) – 2021
Burna Boy, the Grammy Award-winning singer, is one of Nigeria’s top five wealthiest musicians.
His net worth is reported to be 17 million dollars.
Burna Boy’s Albums are;
L.I.F.E – 2013
On a Spaceship – 2015
Outside – 2018
African Giant – 2019
Twice as Tall – 2020
Below are some of the singles by Burna Boy:
Like to Party
Run My Race
Check and Balance
Devil in California
Heaven’s Gate (featuring Lily Allen)
Sekkle Down (featuring J Hus)
Killin Dem (featuring Zlatan)
Read more articles @livedoings