NIGERIAN MUSICIAN CHIDINMA EKILE BIOGRAPHY
Chidinma Ekile is a popular Nigerian singer, composer, record producer, performer on stage, and model. She was born in Ketu, Lagos, Nigeria, on May 2, 1991. She’s 30 years old right now. She began singing when she was six years old.She is from Imo State in Nigeria’s south-east, although she grew up in Lagos, where her parents now reside. In Lagos, Nigeria, she finished both basic and high school. Chidinma attended the University of Lagos and majored in sociology. She planned to major in mass communication at first. Because of her success in the MTN Project Fame competition, Chidinma denied her admission to the University of Lagos. Chidinma told YNaija that she has always taken school seriously and that enrolling at Unilag was a foregone conclusion.
Chidinma aspired to be a part of the reality television show before auditioning for the third season of Project Fame West Africa. Chidinma left her house in Ikorodu and traveled to Ultima Studios with the assistance and support of a close friend. She was one of the 8,000 candidates who competed in that year’s competition. Chidinma then entered the Fame Academy round alongside 17 other candidates. On September 26, 2010, Chidinma was declared the tournament champion. She received a total of #2.5 million in addition to a 2011 Toyota RAV4 and a production deal. Chidinma inked an endorsement contract with MTN Nigeria in May 2013.
Chidinma started working on her album after the delightful success. The vocalist worked with a number of producers, each of whom contributed something distinctive to the final product. Her first two singles were released in February 2011. Sound Sultan recorded one of the singles, Jankoliko. She released two more songs, Kedike and Run Dia Mouth, in October of the same year.
Since her debut, the vocalist has climbed to prominence, delivering more outstanding songs. Chidinma inked an endorsement contract with MTN Nigeria in May 2013. Collaborations with other skilled vocalists and producers have enabled her to generate truly high-quality songs that her fans like.
Chidinma is still single .However, reports abound that she is dating Flavour, a well-known Nigerian artist, but that has no certainty.
Her estimated net worth is $2.8 million dollars.
Chidinma has been nominated for and received numerous accolades, including:
• In 2012, she won the Best Female West African Act at the KORA Awards held in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
• Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Best New Act of the Year – 2012
• Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2012
• At the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), I Am Sorry was nominated as the Best Afro Hip Hop Video – 2013.
• Nominated for Best Collabo at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2013
• Nominee at African Muzik Magazine Awards for the Best Female West Africa – 2014
• MTV Africa Music Awards nominated her as the Best Female – 2014
• In 2014, she won the Best Pop Extra Video award at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA).
Some of the songs she has released included;
Carry You Go
Run Dia Mouth
Emi Ni Baller
Emi Ni Baller Remix
Bless My Hustle
One Kain Love
In The Air
One Kain Love
I Am Sorry
Sweet Like Shuga
Read more articles @livedoings